This is a quick start guide for decision makers who need to quickly get up to speed with the Linked Open Data (LOD) concept, and who want to make their organization a part of this movement.
It gives a quick overview of all key aspects of LOD, and gives practical answers to many pertinent questions including:
- What do the terms Open Data, Open Government Data and Linked Open Data actually mean, and what are the differences between them?
- What do I need to take into account in developing a LOD strategy for my organization?
- What does my organization need to do technically in order to open up and publish its data sets?
- How can I make sure the data is accessible and digestible for others?
- How can I add value to my own data sets by consuming LOD from other sources?
- What can be learned from three case studies of best practices in LOD?
- Workshop: Increasing access to climate and energy data via Linked Open Data
- How Linked Open Data supports Sustainable Development & Climate Change Development (Workshop at OKCon)