With the rapid consumption of fossil resources and deterioration of the environment, bio-energy offfers a unique renewable resource that can be converted into gas, liquid or solid fuels. Bio-energy is catching the world's attention.
The leading platform for the bio-energy industry in China
By the end of 2011, global heat utilization of bio-energy reached approximately 290 GW, or 23% of total use. European bio-energy heating meets 12.9% of the total heating energy requirements, and accounts for 93% of renewable energy heating. Bio-energy power generation is 16.85% of renewable energy heating. Bio-energy provides 63.59% of cogeneration. In the meantime, the utilization of bio-energy in China has achieved great progress.
Many western countries have formulated policies of the development of bio-energy and emphasize on the importance of bio-energy in energy system,and key technoogy breakthroughs have taken place. The Chinese government is also stressing the development of bio-energy. In the 12th Five-Year Plan, development targets for bio-energy will promote the wide-scale industrialisation of biofuel technology.
An event to encourage collaboration
The 5th China International Bio-Energy Summit & Expo aims to promote collaboration between technology providers, funders and customers, creating win-win cooperations and promoting the commercialisation and expansion of bio-energy.
The event is organized by:
- China Electricity Council
- Construction Industry Sub-council of China Council for the Promotion of International Trade
- Photovoltaic Committee of China Renewable Energy Society
- Photo-electric Building Application Committee of China Construction Metal Structure Association
- National Solar Photovoltaic Product Quality Supervision and Inspection Center
- Construction Industry Commerce Chamber of China International Commerce
- Beijing Sub-committee of China Council for the Promotion of International Trade
- Koelnmesse Co., Ltd
Who should attend?
Leading figures from government agencies, industry executives, cademic experts, market analysts, funding institutions, the media and the public.