09-11-2022, 18:30 to 21:30, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt
PFAN is hosting a standalone dinner event on the sidelines of COP27 titled ‘Closing the Financing Gap for Climate Adaptation SMEs’ on ‘Finance Day’, 9 November 2022 in Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt.
This exclusive evening event will create a space for open dialogue for relevant stakeholders in climate adaptation finance, including entrepreneurs, investors, development finance institutions and the donor community to discuss and explore the key challenges and opportunities in scaling up adaptation finance and closing the gaps between:
- Climate SMEs and investors making direct investments in adaptation businesses.
- Climate adaptation businesses and large financing institutions (e.g. DFIs/IFIs) due to the lack of suitable financing mechanisms.
Participants will hear elevator pitches from innovative climate adaptation businesses from Southern Africa and learn about their challenges and needs. The following projects will be presented:
- EMFED Farms & Trading, Ghana
- Livestock Trade Services, Kenya
- SimuSolar, Tanzania
The evening event will be an excellent way to connect, brainstorm, collaborate and learn in real-time over dinner.
Event schedule and location:
Date: Wednesday, 9 November 2022 (COP27 Finance Day)
Time: 18:30 - 21:30 EET
Location: Charmillion Sea Life Resort, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt
Co-presented with UNIDO - United Nations Industrial Development Organization
Did you receive an exclusive invitation from PFAN? Please continue to register here.
If you did not receive an invitation and would like to participate in our event, please contact us A.LOUCEL [at] unido.org (here.)
- This event is invitation only.
- A shuttle to the event (Charmillion Sea Life Resort) will be available from the COP27 venue (Sharm El Sheikh International Convention Centre).