REEEP is calling for experts and consultants for its new Roster for Clean Energy in Urban Water Works in developing countries and emerging economies.
This Call for Experts is now closed.
REEEP invests in clean energy markets in developing countries to reduce GHG emissions and build prosperity. Leveraging a strategic portfolio of high impact projects, REEEP creates, adapts and shares knowledge to build sustainable markets for renewable energy and energy efficient solutions; advance energy access, improve lives and economic opportunities; and reduce climate and environmental damage.
REEEP is establishing a roster of experts in the sector of Clean Energy in Urban Water Works, with specific focus on African Countries and specializations in one or more of the following areas:
- relevant policy and regulatory environments
- innovation and practical solutions for the deployment of Clean Energy technologies
- impact of deployment of Clean Energy Solutions on energy consumption, water losses, GHG emissions and service quality for end users
- market-based approaches for cost-effective clean energy deployment in Urban Water Works
- best practices for contractual arrangements between the public sector (Municipalities, Cities) and Private Sector Service Providers in Urban Water Works
- best practices for financing clean energy deployment in Urban Water Works
REEEP encourages you to submit the required information for consideration if you have specialized experience in one or more of the above-mentioned areas. The roster will include professionals with expertise relevant to the REEEP programme, including a variety of different perspectives, knowledge, and in-depth experience.
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience in developing countries and emerging economies, with a specific focus on Africa
- Advanced degree and/or equivalent experience in clean energy/public water supply and sanitation/business, finance or a related field
- Existing network of relevant professionals and key policy, business and finance stakeholders
- Strong skills in project management, financial management and management of donor contracts throughout all stages of the project cycle
- Strong facilitation and networking skills
- Excellent team player, ready to support colleagues
- Languages: excellent English, both spoken and written is a requirement; French and/or Spanish would be an advantage
- Ability to take on and execute complex tasks in a responsible, self-organized and independent yet cooperative manner
- Ability to work under time pressure and to manage competing deadlines.
REEEP invites interested experts/consultants in the relevant fields to submit an Expression of Interest to the Programme Division, REEEP. Please clearly state your sphere of expertise and include a CV/Resume, hourly rate and a short Expression of Interest.